Senior Organisational & People Development Advisor
Over the last two years, we have successfully implemented an impressive change programme across our university, which has included redesigning our appraisal approach to one that is online, implementing a refreshed set of values and playing a key role in our cultural transformation programme. We are looking for someone to help us take forward our next phase of transformation, supporting our organisational design and change agenda.
Reporting to the Organisational Development Manager, you will join a small team of professionals who manage a range of development agendas, including online staff learning, apprenticeships and leadership and management development. You will also line manage two professional service roles.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience of developing positive relationships that will enable you to put in place strategies to improve staff capability and maximise future talent. You will also have a coaching qualification, as well as significant experience in designing, implementing and evaluating staff development as part of a change programme.
This role will enable you to make a positive contribution to the employee experience by co-ordinating our employee engagement campaigns, change initiatives and celebrating excellence awards. You will also be a key contributor in supporting the knowledge, skills and capabilities of our current and future talent.
If you are a forward thinking professional, qualified at post graduate level or equivalent.(i.e. management/ development related) and want to help us implement OD strategies that continue to lead to a significant and substantial improvement in the university’s performance, we want to hear from you.
- Enable Organisational Development activity by undertaking performance, knowledge and skills gap analysis, as a result of organisational design activity, used to recommend, develop and deliver future development and associated activities to support high performance and change.
- Take ownership for the on-going design, development and management of one key area of OD provision, e.g. Leadership and Performance Development. This will entail the design, delivery or procurement of learning and development of innovative and sector leading developments that embed the principles of high performance as part of ongoing CPD for staff and managers during their employee lifecycle and delivers improvements, efficiency, value for money and return on investment.
- Develop managers to increase their capability in managing, leading, developing, engaging and motivating teams. This will involve scoping, designing and delivering high-quality, face to face and online developments to meet Institutional and customer needs. Whilst academically underpinned, there will be a strong focus on practical application and interactivity. Such activities will include producing relevant learning materials and measuring the effectiveness of development.
- Manage a range of projects, for example, our Celebrating Staff Excellence Awards and Staff Engagement campaigns which will involve identifying organisational outcomes and presenting and discussing actions with senior managers/key stakeholders.
- Work with HR colleagues and the Core Leadership Teams to provide strategic and professional advice and guidance that ensures effective people management. Support areas to have robust staff/organisational workforce development conversations that directly supports and enables local strategies and plan effective local OD plans, that highlight development priorities for services, functions and teams in their area.
- Contribute to the ongoing review, reporting and development of our appraisal approach, including a focus on system effectiveness, process-management and manager capability to conduct effective performance conversations.
- Manage the OPD administration function to effectively maintain and improve L&D and our LMS systems, organise events and projects, and scope reports to support effective decisions and evaluate added value and return on investment.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and feedback sessions that facilitates learning plans and ultimately builds employee capability. This includes providing feedback on 360 and psychometric tools, as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate events, facilitate focus groups and manage our team communication channel for our 75+ team of Change Champions, to support our change agenda.
- Provide effective verbal and written communications, including preparing papers and recommendations to senior leadership teams, articulating and promoting development opportunities, utilising data to compile business reports and design and create presentations.
- Keep up to date with the developments in and out of sector to inform projects, developments and change initiatives.
- Deputise for the OPD Manager/Head of OD as appropriate.
- Integrate the University’s Values into on-going work, by actively role modelling the University’s Values.
- Post graduate qualification or equivalent (i.e. management/ development related)
- Coaching qualification
- Evidence of having successfully delivered multiple projects relevant to an OD, HR or Staff Development Function
- Experience of team leading
- Experience of supporting corporate change and improvement activity
- Significant experience of designing and delivering staff development, as part of change programme
- Experience of developing positive relationships and providing advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- An understanding of organisational development and change management models and strategies, and applying them in practice.
- Using data, effective critical thinking and analysis methodologies to make recommendations on a future course of action to senior leaders
- Understanding of methods for needs analysis, facilitation techniques and evaluation frameworks
- Networking internally and externally so that knowledge is constantly growing / being refreshed
- Digitally literate, with demonstrable experience of leading projects with I.T. deliverables in an HR and corporate context
- Strong and confident oral communicator with both an engaging style and the ability to brief, present and train
- Ability to receive, understand and convey ideas and information clearly and accurately in written and verbal form and prepare reports and project briefs
- Skills and experience in coaching and mentoring
- Drive, delivery focused and a completer finisher
- Strong organisational skills with demonstrable impact
- Understanding of confidentiality and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations
- Belbin, MBTi, DiSC accredited
- Experience of running Engagement Campaigns within an organisation
- Experience of designing and facilitating large conferences and events
- Experience of working collaboratively with other functions to support change and staff capability agendas
- Experience in organisational design and supporting organisations in progressing to a desired future state
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to use advanced IT skills to manipulate and interpret data to recommend future action plans
Apply for this position
Please fill out the form below to register interest in this role