Professor of Law
To provide effective academic leadership within the Law School, undertaking management, research, and educational activities to the highest level, developing the School’s profile, contributing to all its activities, and advancing the School’s research and education agendas. To provide expert knowledge, leadership, and research within the area of Commercial Law.
Support and develop the research activities of the Law School by
- Sustaining and enhancing a significant national and international reputation for academic excellence in Commercial Law.
- Enhancing an expanding portfolio of prestigious scholarly publications.
- Leading on major research grants and/or contracts.
- Sustain a significant record of supervising PhD students.
- Influencing and shaping national and international research agendas and directions.
- Developing the School’s research profile
- Providing leadership for a relevant research centre, as appropriate
Support and develop the teaching objectives of the Law School by:
- Sustaining excellence in teaching activities at undergraduate and postgraduate level, offering leadership in design and development of modules and programmes.
- Manage significant portfolios of programmes.
- Directly supervising students, involvement in assessment and examination, and in exam processes and procedures.
Contribute to the efficient management and administration of the Law School by:
- Providing expert advice and subject leadership
- Performing personal administrative duties as allocated by the Head of School e.g., act as Senior Tutor, Head of Teaching Programme, Coordinator of Programmes at undergraduate or postgraduate levels, etc.
- Participate in the strategic management of the School, as required, including acting as line manager.
- Establishing and building major relationships with stakeholders, using influence to develop positions or strategies.
- Completing any other duties as allocated by the line manager, following consultation with the post-holder.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the form below to register interest in this role