Interim HR Consultant
- Lead the HR Operations and Recruitment teams in the delivery of a professional and effective HR service.
- Ensure that the HR Operations team and Recruitment team are appropriately resourced and skilled to meet the demands of the business.
- Coach and support members of the Recruitment and HR Operations teams, helping to develop skills and knowledge across the team.
- Provide advice to management at all levels in relation to HR and Recruitment matters.
- Take a lead role in managing staff, manager or trade unions concerns relating to contractual arrangement, terms and conditions of employment or recruitment and selection.
- Oversee the implementation of the annual national pay award, engaging in discussions with managers, staff and trade union representatives as appropriate.
- Ensure that activity within the teams remains fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the completion of statutory and sector returns (e.g. HESA) ensuring that that information provided is coded, recorded and presented appropriately.
- Ensure that all data is managed with reference to data protection, GDPR and information security requirements.
- Work together with colleagues to ensure the effective implementation of the new HR System.
- Support the recruitment and selection processes for senior appointments within the organisation, liaising with Executive Search agencies where needed.
- Provide advice in relation to the job evaluation (HERA) process to ensure consistency of approach.
- Play a proactive role in developing the HR service and its role within the University and encourage good working relationships with all departments.
- Contribute to strategic projects and change management programmes as required.
- To deputise for the Director of HR, internally and externally as required.
- To support HR related training events as appropriate to ensure consistency and a shared team responsibility for the promotion of best practice management behaviours.
- To further develop the reputation of the department by demonstrating a high level of professionalism at all times.
- To work collaboratively with all members of the HR department.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job; participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- Take steps to ensure and enhance personal health, safety and well-being and that of other staff and students.
- Carry out these duties in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and supports diversity and inclusion, and takes into account the University’s commitment to environmentally sustainable ways of working.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder and according to future changes/developments.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent practical experience
- Experienced HR generalist with experience of managing a team of HR professionals.
- Previous experience within the HE sector
- CIPD qualified (MCIPD)
- Previous experience of working with recognised trade unions.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law, HR policies and procedures
- A good understanding of UKVI processes and right to work regulations, including DBS checks.
- Extensive experience of recruitment and selection processes.
- Prior experience of job evaluation processes.
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Experience of working in partnership with senior decision-makers
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulations and principles of effective information security
- Proven analytical skills with an ability to make informed decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Previous experience of HE related statutory returns, for example HESA.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the form below to register interest in this role