Assistant/Associate Professor in Business Strategy – Dubai Campus
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake teaching and assessment duties on academic programmes. Support colleagues in Edinburgh Business School and other Schools at Heriot-Watt University in the delivery of courses and other activities to support the delivery of HWU’s aims.
- Develop relevant materials in appropriate formats for the above programmes. Contribute to the content, design and delivery of the curriculum, and the quality of teaching and learning, in consultation with colleagues and within the international structures and mechanisms established by the University. Review teaching design and delivery by obtaining and analysing feedback from students and peers. Support the accreditation processes of professional bodies.
- Mentor and supervise students, including PhD students, providing effective, well documented, and timely feedback, both formative and summative. Provide pastoral support, recognising when to refer a student for further support. Play a key role in the delivery and support of an excellent student learning and living experience at HWU.
- Develop the level of subject expertise in line with latest development in research, and ensure these developments are reflected in teaching materials and methods.
- Build and conduct research in one or more of the School’s research areas at internationally competitive levels.
- Develop and maintain strong links with business and industry, external organisations, and the education sector.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the UK, at other campuses, and with external networks both for the exchange of information, to share learning, and to form relationships for future collaboration.
- Undertake a proactive role in promoting and marketing the University, ensuring the effective recruitment of students and the achievement of recruitment targets. Play a full role in Open Days and other student recruitment events.
- Undertake leadership and administrative tasks associated with programme planning, preparation for examination boards and progression boards, etc, as instructed. Participate in relevant committees.
- Undertake continuous professional development (CPD) and participate in staff development activities.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post and its general responsibilities. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Experience of teaching at both postgraduate and undergraduate level.
- Specific experience in teaching Strategic Management, Competitive Strategy, Digital Business Strategy, and Strategic Change.
- Fluent communication skills.
- Flexibility and initiative.
- Ability to use innovative technology in teaching.
- Relevant professional qualifications and/or professional body memberships.
- Work-based experience to draw on to support the strategic aims of the EBS.
- Extensive curriculum development experience.
At Heriot-Watt we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment.
The appointment is conditional upon successful completion of all Labour and Immigration formalities, and the start date will need to be delayed if the employment visa is not in place.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the form below to register interest in this role